COVID19 has changed the way we travel and where we can travel to. Gathering information can be a bit of a minefield -especially when government regulations keep changing and some times at short notice.
Preparation is the key! Be prepared to:
- Possibly Self-Isolate when you return home regardless of whether or not the country you were visiting was exempt.
- Say goodbye to loved ones at the drop off point as only passengers are allowed in the terminal.
- Wear a face mask throughout the airport and on the plane.
- Use available hand sanitizers and sprays for cases.
- Follow instructions with regards to social distancing.
- Follow local guidelines as to when to wear a face mask – not all countries have the same policy and in some countries such as France have different policies depending on the local government regulations.
- Reconfirm and double check entry requirements of your destination.
- Make sure you have completed any online forms or paperwork before you travel.
Checking The COVID19 Quarantine Exemption List
The Foreign Office website has the current list of countries that are exempt from quarantine on return to the UK. In general, this list is updated on a Thursday ready for the weekend. Changes usually start from 4am on Saturday.
The important thing to remember is that although you are exempt from quarantine on return to the UK, it does not necessarily mean that you do not have to follow a rule when you arrive at your destination. Above all, the country on the list may not let you in at all. For example, New Zealand is shown as a safe country. However, at the time of writing, New Zealand borders remain closed to tourists. Therefore, the exempt list only applies to passengers arriving in to the UK..
How to Check COVID19 Entry Requirements
The best way to check entry requirements for any country is via the Foreign Office Website
The quickest way is:
- Type in the country you are traveling to in the search box in the top right hand corner of the screen on the home page.
- Click Search and it will take you immediately to the page for that country.
- Follow the link for entry requirements
All the information required is found here. Also, if there are online forms to fill in eg Greece you will find the links here as well.
Of course, you can also contact the team at Eton Travel…we are here to help!
Visiting our Agencies
If you prefer to come into the office and discuss COVID19 travel requirements, or even to book a holiday, Eton Travel is now operating an appointment system. Your safety and well being is paramount. If you want to come in, you will be very welcome but we do require you to:
- Telephone to make an appointment – just so that we can ensure that it will only be you in the office at that time.
- Use hand sanitiser (we have bottles available)
- Where a face mask
- Respect our social distancing rules.
- Refrain from hugging or shaking hands with our staff
In turn Eton Travel will:
- Wipe down surfaces as soon as someone leaves the office including chairs, door handles and desks. Ready for when the next person visits.
- Provide hand sanitiser which is clearly on display and accessible.
- We have tape on the floor ensuring that there is always 2 metres between us.
- Our staff will wear face masks when you are in our office.
- We will take your name and contact details – not to harass you with marketing – purely just so that we can advise you if someone has tested positive for COVID19.
The team would love to see you and help you with your travel plans. A warm welcome awaits.
Finally, we can confirm that we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. Taking the steps to being safer and working together.